Furnishing of Flats for Housing for Women Tenants
HFH Homes are trying to fundraise so that we can furnish the 2 flats at Kings Grove for our future tenants who are from Housing for Women. These flats are the latest homes to be brought into use on our “Empty Houses to Homes” scheme, part funded by the DCLG. Please click on our Just Giving page (http://www.justgiving.com/HFH-EmptyHomes) for details of how to add your support – every donation however small or large will be much appreciated and can go towards making a ‘home’ for these families, not simply a house.
HFH Homes are partnering with Housing for Women to provide 2 new homes for women and their children coming out of very vulnerable circumstances. HfW’s vital and sensitive work takes place to prepare these women for life in the community again, in vastly improved circumstances.
HFH Homes has already carried out extensive works to a large Victorian home in Peckham to create 2 flats and now we are looking to furnish them for these families.
- Our two Tenant families own almost nothing. They need somewhere to ‘eat’, ‘sleep’ and ‘sit’, so that they function normally as families from the start of their new tenancy.
- We’re looking for donations so that we can furnish their homes – simply, comfortably and usefully. We estimate the furnishing budget to be approximately £9,000 for the two flats together. By asking for donations rather than items we can take a co-ordinated approach and organise the interior design and the deliveries of bulkier items.
- Like almost every home in the UK, we envisage a mixture of new, secondhand and ‘free-cycled’, so we’ll be trawling the websites of high street retailers for great buys, as well as markets, boot sales and charity stores. Cassandra Ellis, an interior designer and author is helping us with this process for which we are very grateful.
- From our list of interior items (available on request if needed) – £5 will buy something useful or contribute towards it, £50 a few good things and £500 a lot – so any amount is much appreciated. If you would prefer to see this list first, please contact us at the office and we can e-mail it out to you.
- You can donate via our Just-Giving link, text using the Just-Giving Text code, or if you have vouchers, discounts or other help, please get in touch with David Clare at the office to discuss further: 0207 732 0066 / email@example.com
Thank you so much for your help – HFH Homes, Housing for Women and their clients are hugely grateful for your help.