Our individual volunteering programme is an innovative way that you and your friends can support your community and provide practical help for a local good cause. We offer supervised opportunities for individuals to volunteer, alongside our construction professionals and trainees, and build affordable homes. We would ask that volunteers organise their own team to suit project requirements.
Under experienced supervision, volunteers can get involved with a range of tasks from demolition to painting and decorating at various stages of the build or refurbishment. Volunteers receive lunch, are insured for the day, receive a health and safety induction, are equipped with protective clothing and receive basic training.
Make a Difference in your Community
Habitat for Humanity has over 20 years of experience of working with volunteers on our construction sites. Each year we host hundreds of volunteers on our building sites, in London and beyond, to create homes for people in housing need. Habitat for Humanity can help you to make a difference in the community where you work or live.
- Learn New Practical Skills – volunteers can learn new skills whilst supervised by our skilled construction workers whilst having the unique experience of working on a live building site.
- Tangible Social Impact – your volunteering activity will have a long term impact in the community by building a home for a family in need. You will be able to see what impact your volunteering has had immediately.
- Build Community Cohesion – Our volunteering programme creates a space where you can have a unique opportunity to volunteer alongside with people that you have never met before including trainees and corporate volunteers from the community.
- Support Local Communities – Our individual volunteering programme offers you an innovative way to support local communities and provides an outlet for you to provide practical help for a cause that you are passionate about.
If you want to volunteer for at least one day, on your own or with a group of friends, we could certainly use your help.
1) Contribution – we ask each volunteer to make a contribution to cover the equipment, training and supervision (contact us for further information). A place cannot be booked unless funds raised are in place.
2) How to Fundraise – you can decide the most fun and exciting ways to raise funds e.g. event sponsorship, a cake sale or a donation.
3) Create a Habitat for Humanity Online Fundraising Page – You can also create a fundraising page using our sister organisation’s Net Community platform. You will then be able to track how much money you have raised and who from (we will provide you with more details about the project you are supporting to increase your chances of raising funds).
4) Booking – We normally book volunteer spaces at least six weeks in advance and offer volunteer opportunities on weekdays only (Monday to Friday).
Contact us online or call Kaia Ita (Corporate Relations Manager) / David Clare (Business Development Manager & In-house Architect) / Gareth Hepworth (CEO) on 020 7732 0066 to find out about our current and forthcoming projects and how you can get involved.