Fundraising can be a great way to raise awareness about housing issues. The funds you raise could go towards 10 bags of cement for a one of our projects, or to volunteer abroad and have the opportunity to help communities in desperate need, in London or places like India.
- Bake-athon- an excuse to bake your favourite cupcakes or signature chocolate orange and coconut cookies.
- Ebay, Facebook or Gumtree- sell some of the things you planned to use but don’t anymore! Put them to good use by giving them a new home whilst raising money.
- Cook-off- set a minimum participation fee to raise money.
- Charity car wash- get your family involved and start a car wash on your street!
- Challenge events- take part in a sponsored walk or run. Get imaginative, perhaps a sponsored flash mob!
- Get creative- make personalised gifts, Christmas cards or loom bands to sell at art fairs, community events or even online.
Planning your event
- Decide on what kind of event type you want to organise.
- Set up your own fundraising page where you can track and receive donation.
- Give your self enough time to raise the funds.
- Get in touch with local and big businesses to see if they would like to be sponsor your event or products/ materials.
- Talk to family, friends and co-workers about sponsoring you or giving you a donation. Those closet to your are likely to want to support your event and help you reach your target!
- Make the most of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to advertise your event.
- Follow a pre-event day plan to ensure nothing is missed or forgotten.
- Get you friends and family to also volunteer if you need extra hands!
- Post about your event during and event after- people may still want to support you and donate after the event has been completed.
- Whenever possible direct your sponsors to your fundraising page.
- Make note of people who give you cash and how much, and
After your event
- Follow up with your supporters, attendees or volunteers and thank them.
Thank you to you for all of your commitment and efforts to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity. Please do share photos and information with us about your fundraising activity, we would love to see your progress!